Welcome to Hills Road Alumni Network!
• Reconnect with old friends
• Reminisce about your time at the College
• Remain up to date with the latest news
• Rediscover Hills Road
In common with many educational institutions we feel we have considerable social capital that resides in both the actual and potential relationships we’d like to develop with our past students. At present the only ways of developing these relationships are through informal contact. We now welcome our Hills Road alumni where long-lasting bonds can be formed between past students and the College over one network at the click of a button.
A History of Hills Road
Originally founded as the Cambridgeshire High School for Boys in 1903, the school was transformed into Hills Road Sixth Form College in 1974 to cater for 16-18 year olds due to the re-organization of education in Cambridgeshire. The College has expanded over the years from the single original building and is currently in the process of improving facilities further by replacing the old 'stable block' with a new three-storey building that will house facilities for Mathematics, Performing Arts and Sport departments.
Over the years, a strong pool of notable alumni has developed including novelists and sports stars, demonstrating the wide-ranging success students of Hills Road go on to achieve. We would now like to inspire a new generation of alumni and engage them in our network to share their own stories of success.
On this network you can:
• Create a profile with information about yourself including education, career and details of when you were a student at Hills Road. You can also easily import your LinkedIn profile.
• Find friends by updating information on your profile so that we can help you find people who you may have known whilst at Hills Road. Once you've found a friend, send them a connection request!
• Extend your network as we can help you find Hills Road alumni who went to the same university as you or who are even working in the same industry or organisation as you. The more details you provide, the better equipped we are to help you to build up your contacts.
• Share with your network by posting articles or sharing links. Providing it isn't spam and will be of interest to other alumni members, we will be happy to approve it and publish it for you!
• Reconnect with old friends who may have changed their telephone numbers so many times you've lost track or who may have moved house more times than you can count.
• Keep in touch with Hills Road as we will occasionally send you newsletters or information about upcoming events you may be interested in. We will also update our news section regularly so that you can see for yourself what's happening at Hills Road!
Ensure you log in regularly to make new connections and rediscover Hills Road!